If you are looking to cosmetically enhance your smile, teeth whitening is an easy and effective option to look at. Each option, from our Opalescence Boost in-office whitening to at-home whitening stripes, is safe and customized to your needs. Initially, we would recommend a complimentary cosmetic consultation with Dr. Paul to create a step-by-step plan fashioned around his recommendations and your desired outcome.
In-Office Opalescence Boost Whitening
What is in-office Opalescence Boost whitening?
In-office Opalescence Boost whitening is a fast, effective and safe way to lighten your teeth in under two hours. It is a chemically activated treatment which also contains fluoride to help strengthen your tooth enamel. We then take impressions to create custom trays so that you can continue the whitening process at home with the trays and whitening gel.
What are the pros?
If you are busy and lead a hectic life, this is a great option as you can be in and out of our office with a whiter smile. If you have a special event coming up, and a to-do list a mile long, the last thing you need is another thing to do over the course of many weeks.
- You get immediate and fast results. You can be in and out of our office in under two hours with a whiter smile.
- It is safe, as it is a chemically activated treatment which also contains fluoride to help strengthen your tooth enamel.
- We will create customized trays for you and give you a supply of whitening gel to continue the process at home.
Learn more: http://www.opalescence.com
How many office visits are needed?
Two office visits are needed: one for the whitening and to take impressions of your mouth for the customized trays, and one to place and fit the customized trays.
What is at-home whitening?
At-home whitening has become increasingly popular over the past decade as you can now purchase whitening kits over-the-counter at your local store. That may be a good option for you, but we have some concerns with anything that is not monitored by a dental professional and customized to your mouth. There are a few risks involved such as over-bleaching, causing damage to your mouth tissues and teeth.
Here are a few options we recommend:
- Customized Trays and Gel. We would need to see you for two appointments, one to take impressions for your customized trays, and one to fit the trays. We would then supply you with a solution of gel, which you would use in your trays over the course of two to four weeks. Once you reach your desired shade, you can stop the process.
- Professional-Strength Crest White Strips. These strips contain a stronger concentration of whitening solution than the over-the-counter strips, giving you faster and better results. This option also provides you with a larger supply of strips than the over-the-counter option. If you are under the age of 18, we would not recommend this option. While you may see good results, the best results are achieved through the in-office Opalescence Boost whitening and customized trays.
- Professional Opalescence Go Whitening Trays. These are non-customized trays which are pre-filled with a flavored whitening gel. It is important to use these consistently to achieve your desired tooth shade, and we’ve found these trays to be easier to use than the White Strips. This option is very economical compared to in-office Opalescence Boost whitening and trays, but again, does not achieve the same results as quickly.