Firsts are important, which is why we want your first dental appointment with us to be seamless, relaxing and educational. We understand that you may be a bit apprehensive for one reason or another. Here is some information to help provide you with peace of mind in knowing what to expect. We are confident you will have an enjoyable visit and be quite impressed with our level of care. We look forward to meeting you!
Prepare for Your Visit
- Please contact your previous dental provider and have all records and x-rays sent to our office. Here is our office contact information:
Address: 3011 25th Street South, Suite 1
Fargo N.D. 58103
- Please create an account in our patient portal by logging in here. Please also fill out your new patient forms prior to your visit in this portal. In the future, you will also utilize this portal to view upcoming or past appointments, check your balance, pay your bills, or even update your contact information.
- We want you to be comfortable and relaxed going into the appointment. Here are some suggestions we have for you:
- Familiarize yourself with Dr. Paul and our fabulous team.
- Take an online tour of our office.
- Learn more about the amenities we provide to help you experience a pain-free and relaxing appointment.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact our office as we’d love to chat with you.
Your First Visit
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure we have all the information we need, and to meet some of our team. Remember to bring:
- Your completed New Patient form.
- Your insurance card.
- Your ID.
- Any splints, retainers, or mouthpieces you are currently using.
Once you have checked-in with our front desk team, please relax in our state-of-the-art reception area. Read a magazine, watch an informative video on dental health, listen to the calming sounds of our water fountain, or use our free wifi on your mobile device.
If you have a hygiene appointment scheduled, you can read more about what to expect here.
If you have any appointment with Dr. Paul and one of his assistants, any of the following may take place:
- They will discuss your medical history, any concerns you have, and discuss any mouth appliances you use.
- Photos of your mouth and smile will be taken using a specialized camera for our records.
- Our intraoral camera will be used to take detailed photos of your teeth and gums. This helps us educate you on the current state of your mouth.
- Digital X-Rays will be taken, which are used as a diagnostic tool to see the health of your mouth.
- Dr. Paul will introduce himself and welcome you to our office. After your conversation, he will assess your x-rays and provide initial recommendations to improve your oral health and smile. He will be happy to answer any questions you have as well.
- Your next appointment will be scheduled, which will either be for the treatment discussed or for a consultation. You will meet with Pam, our Treatment Coordinator, and she will walk you through the following:
- Dr. Paul’s complete analysis of the health of your smile and any recommendations he has, whether restorative or cosmetic.
- The cost of the treatments recommended.
- Your thoughts and concerns based on what is presented, which will create your customized treatment plan. You will find this time to be relaxed, and you will receive all the information you need to make the right decisions about your future dental care.
After Your Visit
You are now a part of the Smile Care family. This means that whenever you have a question, comment, or concern, we are here and available to help. Never hesitate to reach out to us! If you ever have an emergency, contact our office. Review our Emergency Care page for more information.
At your appointment, there will be oral health goals given to you by your hygienist and Dr. Paul that we know you can easily achieve through the practice of healthy habits. It may mean greater focus on flossing, brushing, staying away from pop and sweets, or trying to not chew on your nails or ice. Implement healthy habits one day at a time, and see the results at your next appointment. We are not here to judge you, but are here to encourage you! You can do it.
Please like our page on Facebook and be automatically entered to win an electric toothbrush each month. Stay connected with us through social media for up-to-date office information, specials, educational materials, and giveaways.
Can you rave about Smile Care and your first dental appointment? If so, tell a friend, family member or co-worker! We welcome your referrals and feedback.